Do you believe in magic?

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ghost story...I think I've finally got it!

Teresa (m.c.) invents a device that allows spirits to be seen by normal people. With the help of her ghost-friend, Sophie (also m.c.), they manage to "raise the dead", for lack of better term at the moment. Obviously she becomes the main target for terrorist threats, assassinations, religious activists...but what the two women didn't know is that their device also brought forth another entity, one non-human, non-ghost, but has a spirit like any of the others, and it also wants to kill her.

At the beginning of the story, it shows a boy, prolly around 10-15 years old, and he's watching TV, when the news comes on announcing the activation of the device - still needs a name..was going for Amber, but that's taking it off that game I played...well, I guess it's pretty much the same concept, now that I think about it; the Amber device allowed my player to see the ghosts and travel back and live their deaths through the ghosts. The boy is only slightly interested, but for lack of anything else on, he watches it - I'm leaning more toward 15 than 10 for his age. The moment Teresa pushes the activation button, he feels an electric current flow through him. He's stunned for a few seconds, unable to move his body, but fully conscious and aware of the changes of his surroundings. After the few seconds are up, his body is released, and he starts coughing, almost as if he hadn't been able to breathe for the last few seconds. On the TV, people are shouting, angrily, happily, frightened. A woman has appeared next to Teresa - Sophie - and the reporters and other observers start shouting angrily at Teresa and Sophie.

The boy stands up, looking around his living room. He's alone at this point - yeah, 15 - but he suddenly feels another presence. He's too afraid to go anywhere, but he slowly makes his way to the front door. Just before he reaches it, something grabs him and shoves him against the door. He looks around, but he can't see anything. He can hear a voice, however, which says something along the lines of, "I'm sorry to have to take your body", and then the boy is in pain, screaming. Suddenly, he stops screaming, and his eyes have turned bright red. Thus, the evil entity is born, and the kid is now dead.

I don't think I've ever killed off a character so quickly, but it had to happen. Sorry, kid.

Anyway, after taking over the boy's body, he revels in finally being in a body again; solid - the term is in my mind, but I can't conjure it at the moment, solid is all I can deal with right now. He hears the TV, and curiously he goes to see what it is. He sees Teresa hiding behind a few bigger guys, already having someone try to shoot her, and destroy the device. An announcer is heard, retelling of the happenings from a moment ago. The entity sees Sophie, and becomes enraged. He leaves the house, determined to be the one to destroy her.

That's it for the moment. Ah, I'm excited about this one. :D This one might actually have some potential! :D Now, if only I had the desire to start it, or...not desire, but...motivation! If I had the motivation to start it - and time! - then I'd totally do that! I might have to give Kinden, Magic, and Lights a break, though...Yeah, because I've been working double-time on those books. e_e

No comments:

Post a Comment