Do you believe in magic?

Monday, January 30, 2012

After School Nightmare

So, the reason for my distractions from my stories recently has been the amazing manga, After School Nightmare. I swear, at first it was interesting, the whole concept of these kids going to school, and then the few going to a special class. At first, you believe the classes are something bad, but as you read you start to feel like it's something good, like overcoming personal weaknesses and whatnot. Sure, that's what it is, but when you get to the end it like....BLOWS YOUR MIND!!!

There's so many surprises that just make your eyes pop, you wanna scream in frustration, and you wanna cry. I've even caught myself smiling every so often. There was a point in the story when I audibly yelled, "NOOOO," and got some confused looks from Travis and my kids. I hate it when I have audible reactions in front of them. I can't tell them what happened to make me react like I did, they wouldn't get it. First of all, because my kids are only 4 and 2, and secondly because Travis thinks these are all stupid, and I'm stupid for reading them...

Yeah, because you're so damn cool playing your YUGIOH game!

Anyway! I really want to read it again, and I don't usually reread anything. I don't like repeating myself in books and manga....movies and shows are okay, but I can't handle the written stuff. I don't know why...

Well, in the ending notes, the Mangaka even suggested we reread it, now that we now what's going on, and how the story is, and all the twists and turns, all the hidden meanings.

I want to write a fic about it. That last page is with Mashiro and Sou in the same train...which is really cool, considering when I thought Sou had died was when I made my audible exclamation. I literally felt myself crying as I stared at the last page, and I was praying that the story wasn't over, like she (or he) had added an epilogue, maybe showing all the characters that had been born. We got to see Mashiro and Sou, but what about Fujishima? She was with Sou when I thought they all died.

And what about all the "Graduates?" What were their lives like? I imagine that child prodigy as a premie who survived, since he was, after all, a child prodigy, a kid in this high school.

There are still parts that confuse me, like what about all the adults? I mean, I know Sou's mom didn't graduate, so what happened to them? His sister, who died in that world...

And then, Mashiro was the only one who couldn't remember from when the story first started, but everyone else had childhoods, memories...

Despite after-confusion, this was one of the best manga I've ever read, and I'm seriously planning on reading it again.

Right after I read the mangaka's other manga, Black Rose Alice. I really have to apologize to my fic readers again...I'm just getting too pulled into all these manga...

No comments:

Post a Comment